Saturday, November 1, 2014

Some Good News

Finally!

After wallowing in my own frustration and misery for two weeks in the desolate crap hole of Soldotna, Alaska, I finally caught a break.

As a team, we did all the work we were assigned with 2 days to spare. So tomorrow night, we leave this awful place and go back to Anchorage. A city! An actual living city! A place with shops, and stuff to do, and maybe some culture. I don't really know about that yet, but who cares. For the final two days, Monday and Tuesday, I get to go somewhere were things happen.

No more dirt roads (probably), no more homes without proper identification (I assume), and no more dealing with racist hicks who are only here because they don't want to talk to people like me ever (almost assuredly). No more mislabeled streets (I will never forgive you Smoke Pole Ave.), No more threats against my life (unless I really fuck up), and no more boredom.

I'll still be doing the same mindless work with the same lumbering oaf, but that's okay, it's in a new place now with new things to see. I will miss the scenery out here, but that's about it. No more shitty hotel room. No more shitty hotel breakfast. No more shitty hotel shitter. Okay, that last one will probably not change, and honestly, the hotel we will be staying at will still suck, but at least it's in a new place.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to cut this short. I have to pack!

SD

No comments:

Post a Comment