Monday, April 2, 2012

Awake?

Small victories are going to keep me going.  I was able to change clothes yesterday and actually wash myself today.  It doesn't seem like those acts should be that big of a deal, however, when you have to keep your entire leg dry and immobile, they become more important.  I can't seem to stop sweating though, but I am sure that the work that my body is putting into healing, not to mention the heavy wrap and brace on my leg, is making me perspire a lot more than I rightfully should. 

I was able to get to my desktop computer, which is where I am writing this from, and get close enough to actually use the keyboard.  Small victories.  Now I have to get back into a school mode.  Apparently I have a 15 page paper due soon, and now I am rather behind on that.  My professor is cool, though, so I should be able to get some leniency. 

I have been in and out of states of awareness over the last few days.  They stuck a morphine drip into the front of my hip and that was doing a number on my sleep patterns.  That ran out yesterday, though, and I had to take it out.  To keep it in place, the nurses, in their infinite wisdom, locked the drip in place with enough tape to keep an engine together.  They shaved that particular area, but the tape eluded the borders of the shaved zone and stuck itself to the normal skin/hair/whatever.  Not fun. 

Now I am awake.  Now I am on a fairly regular schedule for drugs and cold compression therapy.  Now I have to deal with the crushing boredom that comes with this particular territory.  I am trying to avoid the hardcore pain killers as much as I can, but this thing hurts, and the bulkiness of the wrap is annoying.  To ease my life, especially when going to sleep, I wonder how a Percocet will work for me.  I am wary though, as I know how much I liked them a few years ago, and I think that I will like them just the same now.

I guess I will sit here and sweat.

SD

No comments:

Post a Comment